Part-Time Office Manager
Administration – Evolve – New York
Evolve Media (www.evolvemediallc.com) is a publisher of leading enthusiast destinations for influential men and women. Leveraging proprietary advertising and publishing technologies, as well as hundreds of talented content professionals, Evolve Media offers premium and engaging content to its readers, while offering marketers the tools needed to execute custom, content-led marketing solutions that reach its audience of over 120 million people globally each month. Our mission is simple; we deliver Content, Context and Creative at Scale.
Evolve is headquartered in Los Angeles (LAX adjacent) with offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta, Boston, Toronto, London, Melbourne and Sydney. Evolve has been in business since 2001, it is a rapidly expanding business.
Evolve Media is looking for an experienced part-time Office Manager to come into the New York office three days a week and assist everyone. The Office Manager will report to the CFO who is based in our Los Angeles corporate office.
- Manage the day to day office activities, including picking up mail from mailroom, replenishing snacks and supplies, setting up meetings, meeting guests in the lobby, general admin assistance, etc.
- Serve as the point person for maintenance, mailing, shopping, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands
- Maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement and making necessary office decisions
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies, etc.
- Assistant to Senior Management with client related admin responsibilities
- Assist with the negotiations for both company and client events, hotel accommodations, transportation and related activities
- Go-to person for any building issues, including billing, employee issues, space issues, negotiations, etc.
- NY IT Support assisting with a variety of issues, including hardware replacements, laptop dysfunctions, internet issues, phone issues, box, server connection, etc.
- Partner with HR to maintain office policies, send new hire documents, organize interviews and new hire process and other various responsibilities
- Manage the Culture Club to building office morale by throwing office events, thirsty Thursday, charity events, etc.
- Driven, self-starter who is able to execute and deliver without Day to Day management
- Detail oriented, highly organized, a self-starter and resourceful.
- You should be professional and poised under pressure and in social work situations.
- Cool under pressure and manage a variety of tasks and projects.
- Excellent oral, planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters.
- Anticipate needs and possess a strong work ethic.
- Ability to interact well up, down and sideways with all levels of the company.
- Previous Administrative Assistant experience highly preferred in a similarly structured work environment (small, entrepreneurial, fast-moving company)
- Previous event planning experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, or two years college, or equivalent work experience.
- Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Must be an excellent problem solver and meet deadlines.
- Competitive compensation package
- Friendly, collaborative environment with plenty of room for growth
- A kitchen filled with snacks and refreshments
- AnyPerk and Great Works Perks discounts
To apply, please go to the following posting on LinkedIn: